Friday, January 25, 2013

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls

I LOVE cinnamon rolls and I believe from scratch always tastes 100 times better so I've been wanting to try out The Pioneer Woman's recipe.  My sister got her cookbook for me a year or two ago so I've just been waiting for the perfect opportunity to make them.  I signed up to bring a snack to a morning event tomorrow so I thought making cinnamon rolls would be the perfect way to make everyone like me treat everyone in the morning.

I love this recipe.  What took me so long?!? It does involve yeast so it is a little more time consuming with waiting around for dough to rise but it is very easy.  I think I'll be making it tons more in the future.  I can't believe I'm saying this but I might actually cut down on the butter and sugar in the filling by a little bit.  I only used about half of the frosting too.  Needless to say I did the calculations and that works out to about 325 calories per roll.  Not as bad as I thought considering I used 6 sticks of butter!

Half of the rolls loaded with 2 sticks butter, 1 cup sugar and cinnamon!

All 40 rolls (13,000 calories total)

Close up

Delicious after lunch treat

2 comments:

  1. You can make those for me any time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these freeze really well too! I make the 8 pans at a time and then freeze them... give them away as gifts and pass them along. All you have to do is pull them out of the freezer and put them in the fridge the night before you want to bake them. The next morning set them out on the counter for 20-30 minutes and then bake them as normal! Yum! I've cut down on the butter in the rolls as well - don't use near as much as she calls for and I use a different icing! But they are SO yummy!

    ReplyDelete