Friday, January 11, 2013

Do It Self

I keep meaning to put this post up before this stage passes in Caleb's life but I'm not sure if it is ever going to pass.  Over the last several months Caleb has incorporated the phrase, "Do it self" into his vocabulary.  This child is WAY more independent than I am used to and it can be tiring for both of us at times.  I love that he wants to try things on his own.  It's frustrating when he is trying and can't do it but won't except help.  In the end this will probably aid in learning independence quicker but it's frustrating in the moment.  And it's exhausting when we just don't have time to let Caleb do things himself.  As much as I value Caleb learning to do things on his own I place a higher value on other people's time so he's not allowed to climb into the seat and buckle himself for 20 plus minutes every time we go somewhere:)

Here's a list of things Caleb consistently says, "Do it self" to (whether or not he can actually do them is another story)...


  • brush teeth
  • climb into car and into carseat
  • open the fridge
  • get his milk out
  • open doors
  • close doors
  • put toys and blankets in crib
  • climb into and buckle high chair
  • put Duplo blocks together
  • turn on the TV (UGG!)
  • eat with a spoon and/or fork
  • pick out clothes
  • take shoes and socks off
  • take jacket off
  • turn lights on and off
  • load the dryer

No comments:

Post a Comment