Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hi Anne, I'm Larry


A couple of months ago I reintroduced Grace to Veggie Tales after her first rejection when she was around two years old.  She totally took to it and I'm more than thrilled.  You see when Veggie Tales first came out in the mid 90's and I was well past Veggie Tale age (read teenager) and I was probably one of their biggest fans.  I'm pretty sure I bought every VHS tape, CD, and T-shirt my money could buy.  I even continued my fascination into the first couple of years of college.  At some point it must have dawned on me that I was much older the intended audience and I donated my videos to the kids I babysat for.

When I saw Veggie Tales was available to watch instantly on Netflix I couldn't wait to show Grace but she wasn't interested.  For some reason I decided to try again recently and she really loves them.  Because I loved Veggie Tales so much I think I took it personally when she didn't like them at first!  Now she knows the characters and thanks to the fact that I kept the CD's I bought ages ago she has many songs memorized.

The BEST part of it all is she has her first imaginary friend(s)/alias.  She plays with the Veggie Tales characters all the time.  They hang out together, act silly together and have a grand old time.  It's so cute when she tells me things like, "My Veggie Tales friends came over and sang with me during naptime." (Obviously with all of her friends visiting no nap happened that day.)

She also switches back and forth between Larry the Cucumber and Grace.  Her voice gets a little goofy when she is Larry, she holds her arms to her sides and jumps a lot and she calls me Anne.  Most days she is Larry for a small amount of time at least 3 or 4 times.  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment