2012 was the year of Homemade Pizza Sunday. As much as I love my homemade pizza I was ready for a break from having it weekly but I love having a set weekly meal. So, 2013 is going to be the year of Brinner (Breakfast for Dinner) Saturday. I feel this theme will be fun because I'll have lots of flexibility and what a perfect leftover for Sunday morning! I've already made biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs (cooked in the sausage grease after making it for the gravy), and breakfast casserole. I'm looking forward to pancakes, waffles, egg dishes, and much more. Maybe I should get on Pinterest again because I'm sure there are some good recipes there.
Fruit is easy to incorporate by having a fruit salad or throwing some blueberries into my pancakes. The dilema I'm facing is should I find a way to incorporate veggies into these meals (beyond onions, green peppers and mushrooms scrambled into eggs that Matt then won't eat) or should I be ok with a veggie free meal?
Here's some breakfast pictures I just found to get your taste buds going....





does Jessica Seinfeld have any Deceptively Delicious breakfast recipes (Pumpkin oatmeal comes to mind...)?
ReplyDeleteWhen we do breakfast for dinner, we usually do sweet potato something (think, fries, casserole, etc.) or steamed carrots drizzled in melted butter, honey, and cinnamon. Spinach can be mixed into eggs too. You can make a smoothie drink and toss some veggies in there. Hope that helps or inspires you!
ReplyDelete