Thursday, August 4, 2011

My New Smartphone

I finally decided to get a smart phone and I love it!  For the past several months I've been saying that I want and iPod Touch because I would have a handheld device that allows me to use the internet and apps.  It seemed like a better option than a phone with a high priced data plan.  Ultimately I do prefer one device and not a phone and iPod but I didn't see an option for less than $30 extra a month.

Recently I found out that I was able to upgrade my phone through T-Mobile so I started looking into Android phones.  Again the whole data plan issue bothered me.  But, after further research I realized I could get an Android phone with a $9.99 data plan.  And I could use wi-fi on my phone while at home (which is most of the time) and if my high speed data ran out I would still have unlimited slow data.  So, I decided to make the plunge.  Meet my phone...


I now own an HTC Sensation.  And it is sensational.  I feel like there is a whole world of smartphones and apps that I have missed out on.  And after a few days I wonder how I ever lived life without the phone.  Seriously, I can live without it but it is nice to have a smart phone.  Some of my favorite features are the 8.0 megapixel camera (better than the camera we own), ability to upload or email pics right from the phone, barcode scanning app, ability to read blogs and check FB while taking a dump and nursing, kindle reader app, and the flashlight app.

While I love instant access to information I'm trying to learn not to be compelled to check it at all moments, not to reply to every email the minute I get it, and to be ok if I leave my phone in a different room.  But that may take a few weeks until the novelty of the phone wears off.

No comments:

Post a Comment