Thursday, April 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday

It has been a long time since I did a Thankful Thursday post but I'm hoping to be more regular about them again. I've been reading a really good book called "One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are" and it is essentially about being thankful for what God has given us. The author goes deep and really challenges me to be more thankful. She shares about her own heart of gratitude and how it developed. One thing that she did in her journey was write a list of 1000 gifts that she was thankful for. And people noticed she was changing because of the gratitude in her heart. She challenges her readers to practice thanksgiving and not just read about it. So, I decided that my Thankful Thursdays was a great place to practice. And I'm going to see how many Thursdays it takes me to get to 1000.

So, here they are 1000 things I'm thankful for (I'm starting with a big 3 today but am going to be looking for things to be thankful for even in the small things)....

1. My husband
2. My darling little girl
3. My newborn baby boy

No comments:

Post a Comment