Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter


We had a great (for the most part) Easter weekend. The only bad part about it was I got really really sick for about 15 hours. I spent all night Saturday on the toilet and throwing up. I will spare you the details but in the morning I said it was the worst night of my life and I would much rather go through labor again. Needless to say, we were not able to attend church on Easter Sunday because I was so sick. I think that was probably the first time in my life I missed an Easter Sunday service and it was pretty sad not to go. But, we were still able to celebrate the reason for Easter and reflect on the fact that Jesus is our Lord and Saviour. Because no matter how sick I was Jesus was right there with me and that is the most important thing. And, we still had a fun weekend with family so I'll give you those highlights now.

On Saturday, Matt's parents and his sister Rachel and her husband Rollin came to visit. Rachel and Rollin got to meet Caleb for the first time since they live out of state. We also got to celebrate Grace's birthday and Easter. Matt's mom brought some eggs and we all went to the park so Grace could have an Easter egg hunt. She is really into finding things these days so the hunt was really fun for her. It was a nice day and it was good to get outside.

On Sunday, after a few hours of laying around and making sure I could be away from a bathroom for an hour we got in the car and headed to my parents house. This was Caleb's first trip out of town and he did really well. At my parents we had a yummy lunch (I was able to eat a little), played with my dad's new iPad, watched Grace open a few more birthday presents, and had a nice visit with family.


Aunt Rachel and Caleb


Easter Egg hunt


All smiles on Easter


No comments:

Post a Comment