Today was a great day celebrating Grace's birthday. We had fun with friends and a good family night.
We woke Grace up this morning by singing Happy Birthday to her and asking her what she wanted for her birthday. She responded with, "a tricycle" We have been training her to say tricycle for the last couple of weeks. Recently she came up with blue helmet and has been asking for that too.
Then we went downstairs and gave her her present. It just happened to be a tricycle. The tricycle we got her is perfect because it is green and has "Go Green" written on it. It is made from mostly recycled materials. And since Grace was born on Earth Day how can I pass up a recycled gift! We also got her a couple of books (which we will give her tomorrow since I forgot about them).
After playing on her tricycle for a while Grace got to have whatever she wanted for breakfast so she ate a lot of donuts. Then we just hung around and got ready for the day.
For lunch 2 of her 2-year old friends came over to eat and celebrate with her. We got Papa Murphy's pizza and a s'mores pizza. It was yummy.
After that it was naptime. We just bought a railing for Grace's big girl bed and put it up this morning. So I thought I would try to let her sleep in her bed. She was pretty wound up so she was just playing. I finally just got her up and put her in her crib for her nap.
Later my friend Jenna came to visit and hang out with Grace and Caleb for a little bit. Then Matt and I loaded up the car and headed to Red Lobster for dinner. The last time we went there was for Grace's 1st birthday so we decided to continue the tradition. Some of the staff sang Happy Birthday to her. They don't give free birthday desserts so we were going to buy her something. But, someone at the table next to us beat us and had a sundae sent out to her. How cool is that?
Now Grace is laying in her big girl bed and we're wondering if she will fall asleep and if so how the night will go. I'm a little nervous so I feel pretty sure we'll move her to her crib once we go to bed. I don't need 2 babies waking me up in the middle of the night!
No comments:
Post a Comment