Tuesday, April 12, 2011

ANTS!!!!!

Ug, I hate ants. Not the human aunts but the insect ants. We have had an ant problem for the last few weeks. It started with a small trail in our playroom UPSTAIRS! I didn't think ants went upstairs but these did. I read some stuff online about natural ways to get rid of ants because I didn't want chemicals or poisons in the room where kids hang out. It turns out cinnamon is supposed to deter ants. So, we cleaned up the ants and put down cinnamon. We have yet to see another one in the playroom.

Moving on to the kitchen. The kitchen is a normal place to have ants and we found some on the floors and a few on the counters. After using above natural remedy the problem was no more.

Moving on to the half-bath downstairs. This problem was much more difficult to conquer. We tried the cinnamon but the ants lived on. Then we bought ant traps and they lived on. Although, for the last few days we haven't seen any in there so maybe that problem is solved.

Back to the kitchen. We found several ants in the kitchen again 2 days ago. Natural remedies were not working so we got out the ant killing spray. There were a lot of dead ants on the floor a few hours later. Victory!

The ants fought back. This is why I am MAD!!!!! They got in my yellow cake with chocolate frosting and I ate a whole piece before I discovered the many little ants in the pan. Thankfully they were on the other side of the pan from the cake but I am not convinced I didn't eat several ants. SOOOO GROSSSSSSSSS! I hate ants.

WE WILL DESTROY YOU ANTS!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. we have the same problem!!!! I have been battling them for a year now and it's getting exhausting haha. I clean with vinegar and water because I heard they don't like the smell of vinegar but it has not been successful. Last spring we had flying ants! The would fly around our dinner plates; it was so nasty! We have not given in and sprayed yet, but I am getting so close to doing so. Let me know if you have any other ideas. I have not tried the cinnamon...do you just put a bowl of it out?
    Happy ant hunting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had huge battles with ants, until we realized that Terro brand ant poison/traps works really well where everything else fails.

    Now, every year the ants show up, every year we get out the Terro, and after about 2 days the ants are mostly gone.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Terro...my parents eventually found it to be the most effective at their house.

    ReplyDelete