Sunday, September 12, 2010

Vomiting Vent

It's 9:31 am on Sunday morning and I just finished throwing up for the second time this morning. I did it for the first time shortly after I woke up and this time it was a whole bowl of Fruit Loops. They don't look as pretty coming up as going down.

I've been trying not to blog about my morning sickness because I'm so thankful for the baby growing inside of me. I look at Grace and think every second of the ickys I had while growing her were totally worth it. But, this morning I'm just in need of a good vent!

Matt is giving the message today at church and I really wanted to go. I've been doing a lot better the last week and am thankful for that. I haven't been to church in over a month because I throw up so much during the hours that church takes place. I'm not really a fan of throwing up in the church bathroom (which is in a school). I had high hopes of making it out the door this morning.

But since I haven't been able to keep anything down yet this morning I'm feeling worse and worse. Once I can actually eat I will begin to improve and probably by this evening I'll be feeling halfway decent. I'm just really bummed that I'm missing Matt's message this week. I have heard it several times around the house and am sure God will use him to challenge many people.

I took a short break and I'm back from my 3rd visit to the toilet and ready to wrap this post up. Don't feel sorry for me but thanks for reading my vent. I know there are a lot worse situations I could be in. Things are a little hard right now but I'm so thankful for so much. I'll leave you with this Psalm. It is worth meditation on.

Psalm 100

A psalm. For giving thanks.
1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.

2 Worship the LORD with gladness;
come before him with joyful songs.

3 Know that the LORD is God.
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise;
give thanks to him and praise his name.

5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
his faithfulness continues through all generations.


No comments:

Post a Comment