Sunday, September 19, 2010

2nd Trimester - 14 Weeks

Aaaah, it is finally here. The second trimester. Too bad I don't really feel any differently. O well. With Grace I was feeling better by 17 weeks so I keep telling myself the worst case would be I only have 3 weeks left of this ickyness. Here are some updates on this pregnancy....

I forgot about all the weird things that happened to my body while pregnant with Grace. Some of them are returning and some are new...

Skin: I didn't have any issues with my skin while pregnant with Grace but this time around I'm getting major dry spots. I've had to switch to super powerful lotion and that doesn't even help.

Hemorrhoids: Pregnant women get hemorrhoids during pregnancy and often times during delivery. I know you can get lots so I feel fortunate that I only got one during my pregnancy with Grace. It is back.

Stress Incontinence: I didn't even know what this term meant until I was pregnant. Here is a good definition..."Stress incontinence is an involuntary loss of urine that occurs during physical activity, such as coughing, sneezing, laughing, or exercise." Don't forget to add during vomitting. Not only am I worried about puking in public but also peeing my pants while puking. It happens. Maybe I should just wear Grace's diapers.

Food: Please feel free to bring me the Greek salad from Panera with a cinnamon crunch bagel and hazelnut cream cheese on the side any day. I cannot tell you how many times Matt has gone to get this for me. I just had a huge dinner and want it now that's how much I crave it.

Weight Gain: Ok, I haven't actually gained any weight yet. But I will. It didn't even phase me when I was gaining weight with Grace. I gained a nice round 30 pounds and felt ok about it. I wasn't one of the lucky people who lost it all in a month. It took a good 9-10 months and then a couple of months after that to feel comfortable with my body again. Then I got pregnant again.

So now I have this mindset of I finally fit into my clothes and I like them and now I'm growing out of them again. O no! So I hope I gain only 30 pounds again and we'll see how slowly or quickly that weight comes off. Also, due to the fact that I didn't spend 3 weeks in Europe eating carbs before this pregnancy like I did before getting pregnant with Grace I am starting out lighter. So, I can't complain about that.

Finally here is my 14 week belly shot...


3 comments:

  1. You are looking cute despite feeling yucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try Aquaphor for your skin. It's also great for diaper rashes and all sorts of other things for babies and toddlers, so it's a good multi-purpose item to have around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your candidness :) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete