Friday, September 17, 2010

The Backyardigans


I have recently discovered one of the greatest kids shows ever made. We don't have cable so we are limited to PBS kids. PBS kids is good but I know there is a lot of other stuff out there. And a lot of not so good kids shows too. So, I was pleased to discover this excellent one. Also, until recently I put Netflix on hold for a few months. It was getting a little too addicting. But we got it back on September 1st and were quickly reminded why we love it.

Ok, back to the show that I recently discovered. We have some friends who have always told us how much they liked the show The Backyardigans. After looking into it I realized I could play full episodes on Netflix watch instantly. After that first 5 minutes of the show I was in love.

The characters are adorable, the music is good and it is not remotely annoying. I would love for Grace to ask for Pablo, a character on the show, rather than asking for Elmo. I can tell she enjoys it but she won't sit and stare at it like she does Elmo. That red monster is addicting.

2 comments:

  1. Give her a year; Corinne got really interested in the Backyardigans about six months ago, despite efforts on my part to get her to watch it at a much younger age. My personal favorite episode is Le Master of Disguise from Season 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oldest loved Backyardigans when he was Graces age until about age 3. I think we own atleast 5 of the DVDS. Since he was obsessed with them it was such an easy birthday/Christmas gift list item. Now he is more into Sid the Science kid which I have grown to like, but not quite as much.

    ReplyDelete