Friday, September 17, 2010

Favorite Books

Just so you don't think that all we do is watch TV I thought I'd post about Grace's favorite books. This girl loves to "read". She would rather bring me book after book after book than play most of the time. And she definitely has her favorites. I was going to do her top 3 but I couldn't narrow it down so we're going with the top 4 (and they are clear favorites).

#4. Go Dog Go

My Aunt Melanie got this book for Grace and she loves it. She loves looking at the pictures of the dogs. She also loves the pages where two dogs greet each other with a hello. When she brings the book to me to read to her it is usually accompanied by her saying "hello, hello" just like the dogs do.
#3. If You Give a Moose a Muffin

This book was a hand-me-down from some friends who had 2 copies. They chose a great person to give this book too. Grace usually says "moose" multiple times as soon as she sees this book. There is one page that where the moose gets scared by saying boo and Grace loves this page. I think it is the whole reason she wants me to read the book.

#2. Clara and Asha

Our friend Holly gave this book to Grace before she was born. I think this one might be my favorite. I just love the illustrations. I think Grace likes it because its about a giant fish. She always brings this book to me stating "Ashy, Ashy, Ashy" which is the name of the fish.

#1. Happy to be Girls

This is the mother of all books. It is a clear number one in Grace's book of books. Thanks to Jacque B. for giving this to Grace shortly after she was born. We have had multiple and very dramatic meltdowns because we wouldn't read it to her. It is safe to say that Grace is obsessed with this book. Because of that we keep it hidden and only take it out when we are ready to read it over and over and over again. But when we do read it, it is so cute to see Grace. The book is very has a singsongy feeling to it when you read it. Before I even turn the page Grace is reciting the next words or sounds as best she can. It is crazy how much she loves it and has picked up on what comes next.

1 comment:

  1. I got Happy to be Girls even before I was pregnant! And I've even read it to the boys when they were babies, cuz it is such a fun book. But then we gave it to Adsen, so hopefully it made the move cuz now I want it back!

    ReplyDelete