Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Mother's Day

I had a good Mother's Day today. It started out a little rough with Grace screaming in her crib at 6 am for a good 15 minutes before I gave in and got her. For Grace this is unusual because she is fairly content until we get her around 7 every morning. So we did something we've never done before and brought her into bed with us. She actually did really well and fell back asleep for a little bit. Then Matt got up with Grace and I slept until after 9!!! I cannot remember the last time I slept that late. It was glorious. And for my Mother's Day present Matt took Grace to church and I stayed home. I enjoy going to church but it was nice to have a couple hours to myself in our house. This is only the 3rd time that has happened and it was the longest amount of time so it was kind of weird. By the time Matt and Grace got home I was definitely missing them. Then we ate leftovers for lunch and went to do yardwork (meanwhile Grace took a 3 hour nap). Since it was Mother's Day I helped a little with the work but mostly sat in a chair and watched Matt or laid on the front lawn in the sunshine. So relaxing. And finally Matt went and got Chili's to-go for our dinner. All-in-all a great and relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment