Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Avocado Chicken Casserole

I just made this yummy recipe from Taste of Home. If you want the original recipe go here or use mine with some slight modifications. I downsized from the original recipe a little bit and had enough for 2 adults and 2 toddlers with leftovers for dinner tonight. Now the question is will Matt eat it? I also used lasagna noodles instead of egg noodles. I thought this was delicious so enjoy!

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, and thyme
  • 1-1/2 cups milk
  • 1 cup half-and-half cream
  • 2 layers of lasagna noodles for whatever pan you use, cooked and drained
  • 2 medium ripe avocados, cubed
  • 1/2 lb cooked chicken
  • 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Directions

  • In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour and seasonings until smooth. Gradually add milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
  • In a greased 9-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the noodles, avocados, chicken, white sauce and cheese. Repeat layers.
  • Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Uncover; bake 5 minutes longer or until bubbly.

3 comments: