Saturday, May 22, 2010

13 Months Old


Today Grace hit 13 months old. I think this month got away from me because I just realized yesterday that she was almost 13 months. This has been a fun month. It has been cool to watch Grace emerge from babyhood and begin her entrance to toddlerhood. As I've posted before she is completely done nursing and she walks all the time. These 2 things are enough to make me realize she's a little girl now and not a little baby.

Grace has really shown us her personality more this month than ever. She is really quite the socialite. She goes to everybody and wants everyone to pick her up and often times read to her. This afternoon we went to visit my parents and she was being a ham the whole time. She would do things just to get a laugh or a reaction. I'm pretty sure she got that one honestly:)

She is also surprising us daily with how much she knows. For example at church they sing a song to celebrate the kids who are in the nursery each week that includes clapping and lifting their hands up to shout horray. I started singing the song to Grace this week and she clapped and lifted her arms up to shout horray without my prompting. Amazing and cute all at once. I could go on and on with all the other smart things she does but I don't want to bore you.

Grace also loves to "talk". She walks around babbling and carrying on conversations with us, her toys, and her books. I have actually started a list of her words so I can keep track. They are just a Google document that I published and I put the link on the side of our blog so feel free to check it out. This month she got really good at uh-oh, hi, daddy (not dada anymore) and up (although its really more like pu). I think she is working on dog, go, and maybe thank you. So I haven't officially added those to the list yet. I have pretty high standards before I add words to her list. I realize at some point she will start learning multiple words a day so who knows how long I'll keep this list up. But for now it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment