Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Pillowcase Dress

My SIL recently clued me into a cute idea for a little girl's outfit called the pillowcase dress. She ordered an adorable one for my niece for her 1st birthday so I figured I'd look and see what these dresses were all about. Well, as you can see from Grace's picture they are cute. Fortunately for me, my mother taught me how to sew. So I decided to use some leftover fabric from Grace's curtains and bed skirt and try to make the dress. I think it turned out pretty nice but I will be making some modifications to my pattern for the next time I make this dress. And there will be a next time. The great thing about these is she can wear it as a jumper this spring, a dress this summer, a shirt over long sleeves next winter, and a shirt by itself next summer. So versitale and long lasting. Isn't she just the cutest? Don't mind the jeans underneath. I just slipped it on over whatever she was wearing that day.

4 comments:

  1. Um, how much would you charge for one these? I think it is adorable! I'd love to have matching ones for my girls... and I have NO idea how to sew :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! Both the dress and the girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Jenna wore a pillow case dress for her birthday this weekend. You should start selling this on Etsy (that's where I got hers). I'll definitely place orders from you!! You are so good with sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made one of these for my niece. Super Easy! Now if only I could find a super easy cute outfit to make for boys otherwise my niece might end up with several of these.

    ReplyDelete