Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ford Escape


Remember this post? Well, just over a year ago we bought a Jeep and really liked it a lot. It was a 2007 and had a year left on the warranty. Unfortunately that warranty was well used by us. And even more unfortunately the problem of it stalling at high speeds was never resolved. After several phone calls and lots of frustration later we decided since the warranty was up the best decision would be to trade the car in. Our dealer is completely aware of the problem and I trust that if they can find it they will fix it. But, it has been hard to identify the problem and it is so infrequent that I just don't know if they will find it. We did get more for our car than we paid for it which is awesome since cars typically depreciate. In the end we upgraded to a 2009 so we ended up having to pay a little but it was for a newer car. And it just feels good to have a car with 2 years of warranty left. Although, I really don't want to have to use it! So what did we get? As seen above, a 2009 Ford Escape (the picture above is not our car but one I found online that looks just like ours).

One more thing I would like to note is this is the first time in my life that the primary car that I am driving is not red. I don't even know what to look for in parking lots.

3 comments:

  1. Ohh, I am so drooling right now. You've gotten to have my 2 favorite SUV's in the world. So jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked our Ford Escape, never had any problems! We upgraded to a Dodge Durango a few years ago to get the third row seating otherwise I would still drive the Escape.

    ReplyDelete