Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Homemade Salsa

I have been trying for the last several months to make the perfect homemade salsa. I tried and failed and tried and failed several times. I finally found a great recipe on a fun blog I read. I didn't modify it much. The main difference between my recipe and hers is mine is modified to fit in my 11 cup food processor. I learned the hard way that the liquid max fill line is there for a reason.

Ingredients

1 15 oz. can whole tomatoes
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1/4 yellow or white onion
1 jalapeno
1 clove garlic
1/4 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cumin
1 large handful cilantro

Preparation

Cut jalapeno and onion in to chunks. Slice garlic into a few pieces. Put everything in the food processor and run until desired consistency it reached.

Eat and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. We're going to make this salsa for Easter to take to my family. We are looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, I made this today to have with our freezer fajitas for dinner tonight! Now I just have to keep myself from eating it all this afternoon, so that we have some left for dinner. Instead of the can of whole tomatoes, I used 2 cups of diced tomatoes and jalapenos from our garden that I had frozen previously. Turned out great!

    ReplyDelete