Monday, December 8, 2008

21 Weeks


Well last week we reached the halfway point in pregnancy. I can't believe how quickly things are flying by. It seems like every week there is something new to think about and learn about how our baby is developing. I'm amazed at how God grows these tiny little people. I am really excited about Christmas this year and can't help but think ahead to having Christmas with a baby next year. But then I get overwhelmed with all that has to be done to prepare for a baby to arrive in our house so I decide to just enjoy the stage I'm in now:)


Time for the FAQ section...


1. Have you decided on a name?


We feel very emotionally attached to the name Grace . The middle name that we are strongly leaning towards is Elizabeth but I'm not sure that we've made a final decision on that yet. I feel pretty confident we'll sitck with Grace as we've been calling my stomach that for at least a week now. So feel free to call my belly Grace. We love the meaning of the word grace - unmerited favor and love of God.


2. Have you had any new or weird pregnancy symptoms?


Not really. I still get sick some mornings and feel ok the rest of the time. I'm just convinced I will get sick in the mornings off and on throughout the whole pregnancy. O well. I've also had a little bit of heartburn which is annoying but nothing compared to how I felt before.


3. Have you registered yet?


I'm feeling at a loss regarding this topic. We are planning on registering because we know that it is helpful for people who want to buy us gifts. And we really really appreciate that people want to do that for us. But I just don't know where to start. I checked out a book from the library called Baby Bargains and have talked with a couple people who have recently gone through the process but it is confusing. Most of the time I think stuff is uneccessary but that's because I don't have a baby right now and it would be silly to have a high chair for Matt or me. I have to wrap my brain around what I need for a baby. If you have any suggestions as to what NOT to register for let me know. I just don't want excess junk around my house.

3 comments:

  1. HI Anne: Thanks for checking out our book, BABY BARGAINS.

    We understand that registering for baby can be overwhelming---we'd suggest concentrating on the nursery and the car seat to start. Also: check out the message boards on our site, BABYBARGAINS.com. You can ask the many moms and dads on our boards for advice if you get stuck!

    Best wishes,
    alan & denise fields
    authors, BABY BARGAINS

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Anne: Thanks for playing our game WHAT WOULD JON AND CELINA DO.

    We understand that registering for Grace can be overwhelming---we'd suggest bringing family and/or friends along for the fun. Keep in mind that you have a church family with lots of babies, so you might be able to borrow a lot of stuff and then people can buy you other things.

    Best wishes,
    Jon Eagles & Celina Trujillo
    parents of CORBAN and THADDAEUS

    ReplyDelete
  3. i remember feeling overwhelmed when we registered... i so feared not having the right clothes for her (ridiculout thought right now - EVERYONE gives you clothes, especially for a girl), i mean just what is this whole "layette" thing? we didn't have much space in our two bedroom apartment so we really stuck to the basics and i don't feel like we NEEDED too much. the biggest space-hog that i'm glad we did without was a baby swing. one thing i'm thinking about picking up this time around is a baby bouncer/bouncy seat. with kate i just used her infant car seat in place of the bouncy seat, but now that we have more room i think it might be worth the $20.

    ReplyDelete