Yesterday I told all of my students that I was pregnant and got an array of sweet and funny reactions. Most kids were really excited so it was fun to share with them. Here are my favorites though...
Student: "So, you're going to have a baby in 9 months?"
Me: "Well actually 6, most people wait a little while to tell others."
Student: "Did you just find out this weekend?"
Me: "Nope, I've been keeping it a secret since before school started."
Student: "Are we going to get a good sub?"
Me: "Of course, and I'm sure they'll be a way better teacher than I've been since school started."
Student: "Does your husband want a baby?"
Me: "Yes, he is just as excited as me."
And many students suggested we name the baby after them. Ha ha, that is the main reason I don't like names because of students I've had.
Side Note: I put a pregnancy ticker at the top of this blog so you can see how far along I am. For all you Google Reader folks this means you'll have to actually look at our blog. So, I understand if you're not interested.
Love the ticker!
ReplyDelete