You heard it right...we are going to have a baby! We are both pretty excited and feel very blessed to be able to take this journey together. Today I had a doctors appointment that ended up going really well. First, the doctor tried to hear the heartbeat and wasn't able to find it so she gave me the option of coming back in a week or going to get an ultrasound today. Of course we chose the ultrasound today. It was really neat to see pictures of our baby. We even have a great picture of his/her feet sticking up in the air. I already think its the cutest baby ever:)
Here are some answers to questions you may be asking...
1. When are you due?
April 22nd or 5 days before if you ask the ultrasound lady.
2. How have you been feeling?
Horrible. But I have been improving over the last week and really I know it could have been worse. I only threw up a couple of times and I'm starting to feel better.
3. Are you going to find out if it's a boy or girl?
Yes
4. Any feeling on which one it will be?
Matt wants a first born son and I want a cute little girl. I think we'll be thrilled with either but I have no gut feelings on what it is.
5. Was this planned?
Not only were we hoping that we could get pregnant soon after our one year anniversary we also have confidence in God's plan for this child and our family. Yes, this pregnancy seemed to be what we wanted but more importantly it is what God wants for us right now.
Finally below is my first belly picture taken today. My pants are a little tight but you might just think I'm getting a little chubby:)

Best title to a blog entry yet...classic! Congratulations again, you guys!
ReplyDeleteGod is good!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations... I agree with Jeremiah, God is good! Can't wait to meet the newest little Ahrens.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! How exciting. Have to agree that this is the best title I've ever seen :)
ReplyDeleteAHHHHHHHH! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! What a blessing! I'm so happy for you guys!
ReplyDeleteBest news I've heard since Jeremiah sent an email recently . . .:) God just blows the mind sometimes.
ReplyDeleteWe love you guys and now Baby Ahrens (or whatever you are calling him/her) and love how God is using you guys. So happy!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! Awesome news!!
ReplyDeleteLove the FAQs. :)
I am so happy for you guys!!!! Congrats and good luck with the pregnancy. I am glad you are feeling better. Keep us updated on all the progress. -Melinda
ReplyDelete