Thursday, January 3, 2008

I Love Caucus



Today marks the official beginning of the 2008 Presidential elections for the USA, with the first primary occurring in Iowa for the Republican and Democratic candidates. As I found myself excited about today's events, I did a little reading about the candidates and the outlook for today's primary races. What I stumbled across was this article on how the Iowa Democratic caucus works. How did I not know about this yet (I feel so ignorant)? The caucus format is amazing. People grouped together for what candidate they would vote for! Then they look around and can change their mind! I love it!

The more I thought about it, the more I thought that all primary elections should be done this way and it should be a reality TV show. I mean, how amazing would it be to see the time between the 1st and 2nd votes where candidate support leaders run across the room to try and persuade voters to come to their side? I would totally watch that and I don't like reality TV. I'm starting the campaign now: All Primaries Become Like Iowa Caucuses in 2012!

P.S. Here is another interesting link (video) about the Iowa Democratic caucus.

1 comment:

  1. I heart Huckabee! I used to work with him all the time in Arkansas. He's a great guy. His speeches left me inspired...so much so I wanted to yell 'amen' afterwards. He and Janet are a great couple -- I always thought they would get along great with my parents.

    ReplyDelete