Let Me Be a Woman by Elisabeth Elliot - I have read and enjoyed the book Passion and Purity by Elliot, so when I got this book I was excited to read it. I was not let down. Elliot does and amazing job explaining what it means to be a biblical woman. I was extremely challenged in my role as a wife. This book is for any woman in any stage of life but it really spoke to me in my current stage of being married for only 7 months.
Next by Michael Crichton - I'm a big Crichton fan and enjoyed reading this book. This novel dealt with the topic of genetic engineering, so it was pretty intriguing. Although, if you've never read Crichton before I would recommend starting with Congo, Jurassic Park or The Rising Sun (all great novels).
Princess Academy by Shannon Hale - Hale has been a recent discovery of mine. Most of her writing consists of fairy tales in the youth fiction section but they are a joy to read. I just finished Princess Academy (Newbery Honor Book) and was captivated by the story. I've read a couple other books by her this fall but this was my favorite.
Happy reading (even if you don't read these books)!
"Be as careful of the books you read, as of the company you keep, for your habits and character will be as much influenced by the former as the latter. "
~Paxton Hood
~Paxton Hood
I have the first book that you mentioned but I've never actually read it! Sounds like I should pick it up soon.... Take care!
ReplyDelete