Saturday, January 19, 2008

Wordplay


Matt and I recently watched an amazing movie called "Wordplay" which was recommended by my friend Jerusha and we loved it. The movie is a documentary about people who love to do The New York Times crossword puzzles so much that they enter an annual tournament (which is a very big deal). The tournament is called the American Crossword Puzzle Tournament and the winner is crowned based on accuracy and speed. The contestants have to solve 6 puzzles on Sat. of increasing difficulty and then one on Sun. before the top 3 people compete in the finals. The speed at which these people solve puzzles is amazing. Some of the "easy" puzzles were solved in 2 minutes. I don't think I could completely solve one of the puzzles period. Anyway, the movie was well done, a riot to watch, and motivates me to start solving crossword puzzles.

On another note, I have implemented 2 new webtools into my life and I want to recommend them.

1. If you are a blog reader like me, Google Reader makes checking blogs so easy. As the video on the website explains, it's like an inbox for the internet. You choose the websites you want the reader to check and it lets you know when they've been updated. (To all you nerds out there, I know I should have started using this a long time ago but hey at least I have it now.)

2. I've also started making my to-do list online. I can access it anywhere and maybe I won't forget to do things. A good tool that Matt found is called Todoist.

2 comments:

  1. i love google and all of their neat features! thanks for introducing me to a new one.
    -steph

    ReplyDelete