What an amazing weekend of football last weekend. From the snow bowl in Lambeau on Saturday to the two upsets on Sunday, the divisional round of the playoffs more than exceeded my expectations. I still cannot believe the Colts lost to a Chargers team that could barely field a team the 2nd half. Maybe the Colts didn't want to have to play the Patriots until next year?On to this week's conference championships...
Patriots vs. Chargers, 2pm Sunday
Analysis: The Chargers come in banged up, the Patriots are still unbeaten. The Chargers have an aggressive defense that could affect Tom Brady and the Patriot's passing game. But the Chargers offense won't be able to stay with the Patriots. I think the Chargers will keep it close in the first half, but the Patriots will run away with this game.
Prediction: Patriots 45, Chargers 24
Packers vs. Giants, 5:30pm Sunday
Analysis: The Giants have a lot of momentum going for them after winning two consecutive road games. The problem is that the Packers have a lot of confidence right now and will be playing on the Frozen Tundra at Lambeau Field. The Giants great pass rush will likely be neutralized by the Packers' quick passing game. I don't see Eli Manning having a great game in the cold weather, and that's the only way the Giants could pull off an upset. Favre will lead the Packers back to the Super Bowl.
Prediction: Packers 24, Giants 14
Honesty note: After predicting the winners, I was struggling to pick final score predictions. So I copied off of this and this. I love technology.
On a related note, I want to inform the public of two promises I've made to my wife related to the outcome of the rest of the football season:
- If the Packers should go to the Super Bowl, I will celebrate by taking 1 month off of sports completely (after the Super Bowl of course).
- If the Packers should win the Super Bowl, I will celebrate by taking 6 months off of sports completely (not including Opening Day of baseball).
No comments:
Post a Comment