I just wanted to show off the quilt that I made today for our friends Adam and Erin and their soon to arrive baby. I got a sewing machine for Christmas from my parents and decided that the first thing I want to make was a baby quilt. My mom is an excellent seamstress and has made several things for me including my wedding dress. She taught me how to sew and helped me sew several projects (many of them were extremely challenging and I don't know if I could ever do those types of projects again without my mom's help). But, I have never made a quilt before. So, with some good instructions in hand and confidence in my ability to sew straight seams I started sewing the quilt. It was actually pretty easy but I wasn't always precise enough in my cutting for every square to match up. I didn't cut every square individually but followed some really easy instructions and then just tied it together with yarn to avoid the actual time consuming quilting part.
Friday, December 28, 2007
I Made a Quilt
I just wanted to show off the quilt that I made today for our friends Adam and Erin and their soon to arrive baby. I got a sewing machine for Christmas from my parents and decided that the first thing I want to make was a baby quilt. My mom is an excellent seamstress and has made several things for me including my wedding dress. She taught me how to sew and helped me sew several projects (many of them were extremely challenging and I don't know if I could ever do those types of projects again without my mom's help). But, I have never made a quilt before. So, with some good instructions in hand and confidence in my ability to sew straight seams I started sewing the quilt. It was actually pretty easy but I wasn't always precise enough in my cutting for every square to match up. I didn't cut every square individually but followed some really easy instructions and then just tied it together with yarn to avoid the actual time consuming quilting part.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
She will LOVE it! :) THANKS AUNTIE ANNE :) - are you going to make pretzels too???
ReplyDeleteIt looks great Anne! I might use it until she is born. thanks!
ReplyDeleteI was really hoping that Matt was the one writing that post. Dangit!
ReplyDelete