It's February and I'm starting to get the winter blues. AKA I want to take daily walks and go to the park! So, this morning I declared this week activity week. I have some fun things planned and hopefully it gets us out of the winter rut.
I whipped up a new pizza crust and pizza sauce recipe this morning. I think after a year of the same crust and sauce weekly I wanted to try something a little different and they both were yummy. I wasn't sure how the pizza crust would be with all whole wheat flour so this time I did half white whole wheat and half white. Next time I'm going to try more or all whole wheat and hopefully it will be just as good.
Anyway our friends came over to play and eat lunch with us today and the girls had a blast making personal pizzas for themselves, their brothers and their moms. I started by showing them what the risen dough looked like and had them punch it down. Then I divided it into sixths and they got to roll their own dough out. Then they put sauce, (onions, peppers, mushrooms, olives - these ingredients only made it to the moms' pizzas), pepperoni and cheese on the pizza.
And then we all chowed down....
No comments:
Post a Comment