Friday, February 15, 2013

Field Trip Day

Today I got to have a super fun day with Grace.  Matt took the day off of work for various reasons and stayed home with Caleb while I took Grace out on the town.  I couldn't believe how wonderful it was to get in the car without wrestling one of my passengers into his carseat.  I look forward to the day Caleb is a little easier to take places.  But today I enjoyed taking Grace places.  We really don't go out that much during the winter so it was just a fun change of pace too.

We started off with going to the Orpheum which is the children's museum in town.  I've never been there before and have heard it's just ok.  I think I agree with that assessment.  I will say Grace enjoyed herself but I'd rather drive almost an hour to go to the museum a town over.

Grace spent half of the time at the museum playing in the sand

Climbing on blocks

In front of the turtles

After the museum I took Grace to the toy store to help pick out a couple of presents for friends and then gave in and bought her something too.  Then we headed over to McAllisters for a lunch date.  She said she just wanted to go somewhere that served macaroni and cheese and chocolate milk.  She definitely enjoyed her lunch and it was fun going out to eat with just her.

After returning home for some rest time I took her to the YMCA for an open gym.  They open up the gymnastics area for kids to play in for an hour but the time is a little too early to usually make it there because of Caleb's nap.  So it was nice Matt was home to supervise Caleb sleeping.

Sorry no pictures of the second half of our day.


No comments:

Post a Comment