On today's agenda for activity week we spent the morning talking about lemons. The foundation for the day can be found
here. I think it was an extra fun time because I'm watching our friend Livi for a couple of days this week. We started out by looking at lemons, cutting them in half, and even tasting them. Here's a survey I took about how they tasted...
 |
| I was surprised the kids liked it so much |
The next thing we did was sort of cook with lemons. We made delicious
fresh lemonade and lemon poppy seed muffins. I went the super lazy way though and just got a box mix for the muffins. That made it extra easy for the kids to help. Everyone was a big fan of the food and drink! The kids didn't even mind the pulp in the lemonade.
 |
| Mixing the batter |
After tasting lemons and cooking with them we read some books from the library about lemons. The one I liked the best is called "The Lemon Drop Jar" because its about how lemon drops can make long winter days brighter.
 |
| Fun lemon books |
Finally after reading the books the kids painted with lemon drop paint and yellow finger paint using paint brushes. The lemon drop paint consisted of lemon drops and a little warm water. That paint was very pale so it didn't really make much of a mark but it smelled yummy:)
 |
| Livi painting |
 |
| Grace painting |
 |
| Beautiful artwork |
The best part of the whole morning was while drinking her lemonade Livi looked at me and said, "We learned about lemons today....maybe next time we can learn about chocolate and have chocolate milk."
That's my girl. We LOVE our chocolate. Haha! Thanks for doing these fun activities with Olivia. She loved being at your house today!
ReplyDelete