Sunday, December 2, 2012

Thanksgiving with Matt's Family

After our big day of hosting I spent a couple of hours power cleaning the house, kitchen and guest room since we were planning on leaving bright and early the next morning for Matt's parents' house and I didn't want to come back to a 2 day old mess.

Friday morning we all got up at the usual 7:00 time and I started packing like a crazy woman.  After packing for a couple days for all of us we were ready to go by 8:15.  And despite the fact that I swore the day before I could never eat again I was pretty hungry so we stopped by McDonald's on the way out of town for breakfast.

We got up to Matt's parents late morning and enjoyed a nice lunch with them.  Then Jared & Yvonne and their kids came over to celebrate Thanksgiving.  The kids had such a great time playing together and I'm pretty sure they just ran up and down the stairs and tackled each other for several hours.  We capped off the day with another delicious feast make by Matt's mom.

Friday night we crashed and Matt got the kids up Saturday morning so I could sleep until 8:30!  Then we just hung out with his parents all day.  We helped put up the tree, made Christmas cookies and of course ate some more food.  It was a nice relaxing day.  I think we got home around 8:30 or 9 that night and headed to bed early because we had another big exciting day at church on Sunday (I'm waiting on pictures from a friend before I can post about our fun Sunday but I'll post soon!)

This is my only picture from that weekend but it's a
cute one of Grace and Grandma decorating cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment