Of course we were honored to be asked to play this role in Mason's life. I love being a parent, an aunt and now a Godparent. It will be a role I'm sure I will always cherish. I'm excited about watching Mason grow up (not that I wasn't excited about that before we were asked to be Godparents but there is something uniquely special about it now). We pray that Mason grows up to follow Jesus and that he knows we will enjoy being a part of his life along the way.
Tim and Amy had Mason dedicated at our church the Sunday after Thanksgiving and it was fun to watch. They stood up in front of the church, shared their faith journeys and expressed their desire to raise Mason as part of the Christian church. As I always do on these Sundays I cried for just about every story shared:) It's just so encouraging to me to be a part of a church where parents share the same values as us and also recognize we can't do this whole parenting thing on our own. And I cried because I'm just so thankful for Tim and Amy's friendship and their sweet kids who bring joy to my life and who my kids adore.
| Us and Mason |
| Tim, Amy, Mason, me and Matt |
No comments:
Post a Comment