Thursday, December 27, 2012

R&R's Quilt

The next quilt I made was for Rachel and Rollin.  I actually worked on this one at the same time as Jared and Yvonne's so I had to keep track of what I was doing on each quilt.  For R&R I picked out greens and blues.  I picked 5 greens and 5 blues and paired them in every combination possible to get 25 blocks.  I picked a white sashing because I envisioned bold whiteness in their quilt.  The border struck me the first day I was picking out fabrics and I love the kissing birds on it.  Like Jared and Yvonne's quilt I order a special quilt backing fabric so it was all one big piece.

The weekend I went to my parents' to quilt I was literally going crazy because I spent hours on the machine envisioning the pattern for both quilts.  I would close my eyes and picture myself quilting.  It was fun (and intense) to do 2 quilts in one evening and 2 very long days.  I don't know if I'll ever do that much at once again.  Anyway for their quilt I did a white thread on the top and a very light blue on the bottom.  Here are some pictures...

Full quilt.  You can see the blocks go from the darkest pairing on
the upper left to the lightest pairing on the bottom right.

Close up
Here's one you can see the back on


No comments:

Post a Comment