Thursday, December 27, 2012

J&Y's Quilt

While I was making Patti's quilt I was inspired to make a quilt out of fabric I had chosen myself and to make those quilts as gifts for Matt's siblings and spouses this year for Christmas.  With ideas in hand at the end of August I went to the quilting store in town with my mom.  I always find it helpful to bring my mom or sister along when all I have are ideas because they help me narrow them down and chose fabrics.

I proceeded to pick out brown, red and tan fabrics for Jared and Yvonne's quilt.  I got 5 darker fabrics and 5 lighter fabrics so I could pair each dark with each light and have 25 blocks.  Then I picked out some sashing fabric (the fabric in between the blocks).  I later ordered the border and back.  The border was perfect because of the colors and because it is coffee beans and J&Y love their coffee.  The back was a double wide fabric so I didn't have to piece the back together and it looks more uniform.

For the quilting I used a red thread on top and a tan thread on the bottom.  I love the effect of the red on the top even though it is very subtle.

Here are some pictures of the quilt...

Whole quilt

Close up

Backing and label

No comments:

Post a Comment