Friday, October 5, 2012

Rice Pudding

Have you ever had rice pudding? It's a dish made with rice, milk, sugar and raisin.  It's so yummy and perfect for cold rainy fall days like today.  Recently I decided I wanted to try making it so I looked all over the Internet for a recipe and this is the one I found.  It doesn't take much work but it does take time so allow yourself an hour before you want to eat it.  We eat it as a side but it could be a dessert too.

Creamy Rice Pudding

Ingredients
  • 3/4 cup uncooked white rice (we always use brown at our house and it works fine too)
  • 2 cups milk, divided
  • 1/3 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 2/3 cup golden raisins (I just useregular raisins)
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
  1. Cook rice and drain.
  2. Add 1 1/2 cups milk, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk, beaten egg, and raisins; cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla.
  3. Top with cinnamon.

No comments:

Post a Comment