I have a lot of blogging to catch up on and I wanted to start with a post about Grace since she turned three and a half last week. She is doing really well right now. She seems to be growing out of the more difficult stage that she entered a little after two and a half. Don't get me wrong, we still have our battles but overall she is much easier to deal with in areas of stubbornness and will.
I'm going to start out with a list of questions I asked Grace today and her answer (in her exact wording). Enjoy reading...
- What is your name? Grace
- Who is your best friend? Caleb
- What do you love most about Caleb? I cuddle him.
- What do you love most about Mommy? You hold me.
- What do you love most about Daddy? Him being with me.
- What is your favorite thing to do? My favorite thing to do is play princess.
- What is your favorite color? Pink and purple
- What is your favorite food? Vegetables and fruit
- What do you like to do with your family? Play princess games.
- What is your favorite toy? I like to play with Sparkles (her stuffed giraffe).
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Animal Rescuer
- If you could be an animal which one would you be and why? A tiger because it is one of my favorite animals.
- What makes you happy? When I take a drink of milk and when you hold me is the best.
- What makes you sad? When you don't let me get things I want.
- What is your favorite show to watch? Special Dora (the 45 minute episodes are the special ones)
- What is your favorite book? The princess Beauty and the Beast one.
- What do you love to learn about? I don't learn and I want to learn how to do a Bible Study when I'm big.
- Where do you like to go? To the park
- What is your favorite treat? Candy
- What do you think about before you fall asleep? I think about God.
Isn't the last answer the sweetest. We always read the Bible before bed and for the past several weeks Grace has been listening to worship music at bedtime so I guess that's probably what she thinks about.
In addition to Grace's answers she also loves building with her Duplo blocks, dressing up and coming up with imagination games. I'm pretty sure she spends most of her day in the state of a princess.
We haven't done very much along the lines of formal homeschooling yet but I'm continuing to work on letter sounds and reading consonant-vowel-consonant words with her. She is able to do that a good deal of the time. She is also always increasing her list of sight words. Her curiosity to learn how to spell things and her good memory has helped in that area.
The last big thing she has been up to lately is going to an Awana club at a church near our neighborhood. The purpose of Awana is to teach the kids Bible verses and she works on those every week. I honestly don't know much about what happens there but it's an hour and fifteen minutes every Wednesday evening and she always comes home hyper! I think I'll save more information about Awana for a post of it's own someday soon.
awesome update! Love the interview with her. Can't wait to see you guys on Wednesday!
ReplyDelete