Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Salsa Soup

This is one of my favorite soup/foods.  I haven't had it in so long that I forgot how much I love it.  It's even a great soup for the spring or summer.  I believe the recipe is a Racheal Ray recipe.  It's really yummy with sour cream, cheese and tortilla chips (and it freezes well too if you're interested in freezing). Enjoy!


Salsa Soup (6ish bowls)

Ingredients (I chop everything in the food processor so it's super fast.)

  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of pan, plus some for brushing tortillas
  • 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (Don't seed them if you like spicey!)
  • 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 3 ribs celery, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, chopped
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1 (28-ounce) can stewed tomatoes
  • 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
  • 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
  • 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro

Directions

Heat a medium soup pot over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, 2 turns of the pan and the jalapenos, bell pepper, onions, celery and garlic. Season with salt and pepper then saute veggies 5 minutes, add tomatoes, crushed tomatoes and stock and bring soup to a bubble. Reduce heat to a simmer and stir in cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment