Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Caleb - 13 Months

Running across the room toward the camera.

Caleb turned 13 months this week and is quite a little toddler.  Grace doesn't even let us call him a baby anymore.  I told her once that he is a toddler and she always corrects me if I say baby.  It's pretty cute.

I'm hoping to do monthly updates for a couple more months but I'm not sure how long they will last before they become less frequent.  So the update...Nothing has really changed in the sleeping area this month.  As far as table foods and solids go nothing has changed in that area too.

The big change is as of Monday Caleb is officially done nursing.  Shortly after his birthday I dropped his afternoon feeding and have just been nursing him in the morning.  I was ready to sleep in every once in a while (because Matt likes to take care of the kids in the mornings while I sleep, score!) so I just decided Monday morning I was done. I told Matt that I wanted to keep sleeping and I did!  So, Monday I slept until 8:30 and Tuesday I slept until 8:00.  I haven't slept past 7:10 since Caleb was born so this was glorious.  I'm looking forward to sleeping in even more in the future.

Caleb has also gotten really really good at walking this month.  He can walk on uneven ground outside and with shoes on now.  Grace likes to imitate him and "waddle" around.  He has also started climbing on things.  Mostly low chairs and kids sized things.  Grace didn't climb on the couch until around 18 months so we'll see how long we have until Caleb does that.

Finally, Caleb has been fun to watch communicate this month.  He can say ball and book now (although they sounds exactly the same).  He also says mama and dada clearly. He says "ta tou" for thank you whenever you hand him something.  He also signs for milk or drink constantly (he is obsessed with water bottles and sippy cups.)

I love this age so much. It's tiring but so fun.  He's always learning new things and I'm constantly surprised with what he knows and understands.  He's so fun and playful and even turning into a pesky little brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment