I've had a couple of things I've wanted to post about Grace's recent interest in art. The most recent thing is she wants to draw non-stop! She had always been good about coloring and enjoyed it but this week some sort of switch has flipped. I am not kidding you she drew for 3 hours straight (minus a short lunch break) one day. She loves drawing with crayons, markers, pencils, and a new favorite window markers. She draws people, animals, pets, monsters, etc...Because of this new phase I've started saving everything paper for her to draw on before it goes in the recycling bin. I think the favorite is boxes! And Caleb will even sit in his chair coloring next to her for a lot longer than I would expect from a rambunctious almost 2 year old.
 |
| Drawing with window markers |
For a couple of months now Grace has had a subscription to something called
Kiwi Crate. The gist of it is a crate gets shipped to our door once a month and is stocked with 2-3 art projects and everything (glue, tapes, markers, so yes everything) you need for the project. The first month we made a couple of games. This month we made pom-pom pets and a swing set. Despite the cost (more than going to the dollar store and buying cheap craft stuff) I have found this to be a great resource. I'm trying to be better about exposing Grace to cheaper craft activities but this is a wonderful guaranteed go to every month.
 |
| Grace and her most recent Kiwi Crate project |
No comments:
Post a Comment