Since his birthday was on a Sunday we started the day by attending church where he got lots of attention and happy birthday wishes. I dressed Caleb in a shirt that says, "I am 2" and a St. Patrick's Day hat. My parents also came to spend the day with us and were able to attend our church.
After church my parents took us out for lunch at Monical's and then my mom and I went to the grocery story to buy a cake mix. Since Caleb kept saying he wanted a cake for his birthday I figured we really needed to get one for him. I went with funfetti cake and chocolate frosting. We also got Caleb a Birthday Boy and Diego balloon. Since he loves balloons those were a huge hit! By the time my mom and I got back Caleb was taking a nap so we made the cake and got ready to celebrate after his nap. After his nap Caleb opened presents (we got him a t-ball wiffle set and sunglasses) and we had his cake after dinner.
To finish the birthday celebrations on Wednesday we had 2 of his 2 year old friends, Grant and Pierson, over for a playdate and pizza lunch. They are both kids we see at least once a week so it was fun to have them both over at the same time. Caleb LOVED it because he loves when people come over. I think it was special for him to be able to do this for his birthday.
I always vow to get better but I am such and epic failure at taking pictures. So below are my only 2 pictures from Caleb's birthday week.
| At church on his birthday |
| The cake! |
No comments:
Post a Comment