![]() |
| Standing on his own and getting ready to lunge for the camera. |
Sleeping: 2 naps, 12+ hours at night. Need I say more. I love my good sleeping baby.
Eating: Not many changes here. I'm still nursing 4 times a day. I have noticed that Caleb is drinking less and not super interested in one of his feedings everyday. That might be the first one to be dropped/not offered when the time comes to wean. I also gave Caleb cow's milk for the first time last week. I wanted to see if he liked it and he did. I actually had to take his cup away because I didn't want him filling up on more than a couple ounces of milk. Now he just has to wait until he's one until I start replacing my milk with cow's milk. Still doing great with table foods and loving it all.
Signs/Speech: This month Caleb added the word clap (mostly just the p sound but definitely a distinct word that always means the same thing and sort of sounds like clap) to his vocabulary. He's also impressed me a few times by baaaing for sheep pictures. Not really consistent with this though. He's gotten really good at waving when someone says "hi" or "bye" and he sometimes signs "all done" and maybe even "milk/drink" when he wants his water bottle. I'm still not sure about this one though. I need to test it more.
Milestones: Standing unsupported is Caleb's favorite new activity. He loves to let go and just stand there. He loves it when we put him on his feet and he just gets to stand in place. He loves to hold on to toys with both hands while standing. He can use a low toy to push himself up to standing but never just straight from the ground all by himself. And then when he wants something he gracefully gets back to a crawl or he dives for it. A few times he looked like he might take a step but hasn't done it yet. I'm anxiously awaiting his first steps and trying not to compare to his sister who took steps the day before she turned 11 months old. I have a feeling when he walks its going to be more like a run. He loves to push his walking/push toy around too.
Teething: Caleb cut his 6th tooth at the very beginning of this month. It's on the top right. So he now has 4 teeth on the top and 2 center teeth on the bottom.

No comments:
Post a Comment