Monday, January 2, 2012

Freezer Cooking Recipe: Chicken Enchilada Lasagna

A long time ago I promised I would post some of my favorite freezer cooking recipes so here is one for you.  I'll give instructions on eating it the day you prepared it and freezing it.  Since this is a double recipe you can make one to eat and one to freeze or just split the recipe in half and only make one. The foundation of this recipe came from onceamonthmom.com but I changed it a ton.

Chicken Enchilada Lasagna (Double Recipe - Rectangular Pans)

Ingredients:

  • 1 whole chicken, cooked and shredded (or 4 chicken breasts cooked and shredded)
  • 4 cups Mexican blend cheese, shredded
  • 3 cans cream of celery soup (use 2 for single recipe)
  • 1.5 cups sour cream
  • 7 ounces diced green chilies
  • 2 teaspoon cumin
  • 3 cans black beans (use 1 for single recipe)
  • 16 oz. frozen corn
  • 12 medium flour tortillas

Directions:

In a bowl, mix soups, sour cream, chiles, and cumin.
In a 9 x 13 baking dish, layer lasagna-style: tortilla, soup mixture, chicken, beans, corn, cheese.
Repeat 2 more times
Bake uncovered, at 425F for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and enchiladas are heated through.

Freezing Directions:

After preparing, do not bake. Instead, seal, label, and freeze. To serve: Thaw in fridge (I find thawing for 48 hours is best) then bake as directed above.

Servings: 6

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! On my list to make towards the end of the week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the one for chicken fajitas...they were delicious!

    ReplyDelete