Monday, January 23, 2012

Caleb - 10 Months Old

Caleb loves to crawl around with Sleeping Beauty's head in his mouth.
Here we are another month gone.  Caleb entered the double digits in month age last week.  This month has been has been fun but I've found myself very tired at the end of the day (even more so than past months).  I think Caleb has just reached the point where he is into everything so I'm constantly chasing him.

Sleeping: Caleb is still sleeping through the night and taking 2 naps.  He went through a week where his afternoon nap was a little short but he seems to be back to normal now.

Eating: I think that Caleb is officially eating more table food than Grace these days.  And on top of that he is still nursing 4 times a day.  The only food that he doesn't like so far is canned green beans.  I can't blame him because I won't eat them myself but Grace likes them.  He looks at them like I am trying to poison him.

Signs/Speech: Last month I mentioned that Caleb has been doing the sign for "more".  I think this month I can say his first official word is more.  He says mo when he signs more.  He also has been pretty consistent about saying Mama to me.  I have tried to teach him the sign for "all done" but he hasn't picked up on it yet.

Milestones: Caleb has been trying really hard to let go and stand on his own this month.  He will do it for a split second but no longer.  You can tell he really wants to though.  He also loves pushing the chairs around the kitchen and walking behind them while holding on.  And finally, his new skill is climbing the stairs.  I've had to train myself to shut the gate after finding him halfway up the stairs once and all the way at the top another time.

Other: A few other random things I wanted to mention.  First of all I am glad that we've figured out how to successfully leave Caleb in the nursery at church.  As long as I feed him before dropping him off he is fine.  Previously I'd been waiting to feed him until the end of church (because that's when he normally eats) but for some reason he just wants to eat right away.  I think it is more of a comfort thing than a hunger thing.

Caleb has also gotten really good at following Grace around.  I think I am pretty used to hearing Grace screaming, "Caleb -NOOOOO."  He just loves to be involved in whatever Grace is doing and play with whatever toys she's playing with.

Finally, Caleb loves being held upside down by his ankles.  I think he'd be happy if we just carried him around like that all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment