Tuesday, March 15, 2011

House Tour - Guest Room



Sorry I haven't posted about any other rooms in our house for a while. I've just been too lazy. Now Matt is watching a Packers season highlights DVD so I have nothing better to do:)

Purpose: The guest room is a place for guests to sleep, feel comfortable, and loved by us. We really value having a comfortable bed with comfortable sheets, pillows and a place to rest to offer to our guests. The room is actually not a bedroom because it doesn't have a closet. It is located away from the other bedrooms in the house and is kind of secluded. It's nice that guests can be out of the way of us and we can be out of their way. There is a half bath right by the room so they can have a place to get ready for bed and pee in the middle of the night. To shower guests do have to go to another part of the house but it doesn't seem to matter that much.

Furniture: The only piece of furniture that we had for this room was the mattress and box springs from our old bedroom (since we upgraded to a king size). But, it worked out wonderfully that some friends were getting rid of some bedroom furniture. So we acquired a bed frame, dresser, and nightstand (which is being used elsewhere in the house). We still owe them a dinner for this furniture! I also bought a couple small nightstands for each side of the bed.

Decorations: Because we used the bed from our old master bedroom we used the same bedding and therefore decorations. The colors are black, blue/turquoise, and lime green. I had 3 pictures in our old bedroom that got hung in here. I also got a mirror to go above the dresser and a couple of reading lamps to hang on the wall above the bed.

Future Plans: For the most part this room is complete. It was one of my priorities. One thing that might be fun to do it refinish/paint the furniture black and put new hardwear on the dresser. Maybe a fun summer project.

No comments:

Post a Comment