Tuesday, March 15, 2011

39 Weeks

Now we're only 4 days away from Caleb's due date. I am anxiously awaiting signs of labor and wondering if I will be overdue. I had my weekly checkup today and everything looked great. The midwife that we met with is the one who delivered Grace and she said she was on call this Friday so it would be a great day to go into labor. She was wonderful when Grace was born and I would love to have her deliver Caleb too. But, now that I am publically saying that I would like to have the baby on Friday I'm sure it won't happen.

She did estimate that Caleb is about 7 lbs 14 oz right now. I'm not sure how good their estimates are but it sounds good to me. Grace was 8 lb 1 oz and born at 40 weeks so that kind of lines up. All I care about is that he comes out smoothly:) If I don't go into labor before my appointment next week (which will be past my due date) I will have the midwife check to see if I'm dilated or effaced. I have chosen not to be checked for those things yet in my pregnancy. If I am dilated then they will sweep my membranes which can help get labor going. Sorry I don't have any new pictures but I pretty much just still look really pregnant.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a plan! I don't know what your experience was with Grace RE: membrane sweeping, but I had my midwife check me and sweep my membranes at 39 weeks 4 days because I was pretty sure Felicity was huge, despite the fact that my fundus was measuring only slightly ahead . . . and then she was born 48 hours later at a whopping 10 lbs 15.7 oz. I told them she was big! All the best to you and I hope Caleb makes his appearance on schedule. Also, I know you mentioned hoping for an epidural this time, and I just wanted to say that if you don't get one for one reason or another, you will be amazed at the natural childbirth rush! I got an epidural with Corinne and I did not with Felicity, both by choice, and my experience with Felicity was unreal. Such a high!

    ReplyDelete