Sunday, March 6, 2011

38 Weeks

Yesterday I was 38 weeks pregnant. 2 weeks to go! Here are some of my random thoughts regarding the point that I'm at right now.

  • I realized my due date (3/19) is right in the middle of a pretty big college basketball event. The beginning of the NCAA tournament. Apparently the 4 best days of sports in the whole entire year are 3/17, 3/18, 3/19, and 3/20. This could be interesting if Caleb decides to come one of those days. Matt has promised to put the birth of our child first though and I have agreed to maybe let basketball be on if we happen to be in the hospital one of those days.
  • I just sent Matt to get Panera for me for lunch. Craving. He's so nice.
  • I need to start catching up on phone calls. Everyone answers their phone 2 weeks before your due date. And if I don't leave a message they call back right away. It's a good strategy for getting a hold of people.
  • A friend at church told me she was born 3 weeks late. I panicked at that thought but realized that would never be allowed today. I would rather not be induced but induction as opposed to 3 weeks late seems a much better option.
  • Our hospital bags are pretty much packed. The to-do list is dwindling down to almost nothing.
  • I cleaned the bathroom at 10:30 last night. Was this a nesting urge indicating that labor is really close? I think it was just a yuck my bathroom is dirty urge.
  • Speaking of things that indicate labor is coming. I think I read at least one article a day online about what will help me predict labor. It's all the same things...baby dropping, surge of energy, nesting urge, loss of mucus plug, increased Braxton Hicks contrations. I have yet to find the article that says my name and what day Caleb will be born. Because in all honesty I think that is what I'm searching for.

No comments:

Post a Comment