Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Bye, Bye, Mommy:)

We have had a major breakthrough with dropping Caleb off places (church and the gym) in the last couple of weeks.  As I've often mentioned in posts about him he doesn't do well being left and usually cries at the thought of Mommy and/or Daddy leaving him.   This has been going on since we first started to try to take him to the church nursery when he was about 6 months old.

Things did get a little better over the summer and we at least were able to leave him eventually and he'd only cry for a few minutes when we left.  So, overall it was working.  I just didn't love the fact that Caleb cried whenever we left him.

But, for the last 2 weeks at church and the last 3 times I dropped him off at childcare at the gym he ran happily into the room.  He basically checked himself in at church and at the gym I could barely get his name sticker on as he was pounding down the door to get inside.

I'm not really sure what clicked or why things did a complete 180.  I'm thrilled that he's happy to be left and knows we're coming back now.

I just really hope posting this doesn't change things back:)  I do feel confident he's going to do ok when being dropped off!

No comments:

Post a Comment