Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend at Jenna's

 My friend Liza and I went to visit her sister and my friend Jenna in Chicago a week and a half ago.  It was so fun and a refreshing 48 hour getaway.  We enjoyed leisurely meals without kids' faces to wipe, sleeping in and only wiping our own bottoms:)  I'm lazy and don't fell like typing out the details so I'm actually cutting and pasting from Jenna's blog.  Sorry for those of you who know us both and have already read it.  But here is a summary of our weekend in the words of my gracious host Jenna...

"Last weekend, I had my first overnight visitors in Chicago!  Liza and Anne took the train up Friday night and Katherine and I met them to walk back to our apartment.  They were hungry and Liza was craving pizza and, luckily, I had pizza supplies so I made us some pizzas and we stayed up chatting, eating, and drinking wine.

On Saturday we had a leisurely morning with breakfast and getting ready for the day.  We headed out and decided on Wells on Wells for lunch and drinks.  It was so great to sit outside on a beautiful day and enjoy delicious food.


Next up was the Renegade Craft Fair in Wicker Park.  We grabbed a cab to head that direction.  We browsed the goods of many vendors but most items were out of our price range.  Liza and I bought shirts and I got a necklace.  Shopping needs were satisfied.

We took the el back towards my place to get ready for dinner.  We got dressed up and took a quick cab ride to Geja's for a yummy fondue dinner and wine.  Every time I go there it is SO good!  We ended up walking back to the apartment and put on a movie before going to bed.

Sunday morning we had Texas waffles and got ready to go.  We took a long walk through Lincoln Park before getting on the el to meet Katherine in Lakeview at Tango Sur.  We enjoyed another yummy meal outside.  We stopped at a few shops before taking the el back so the girls could grab their stuff and get back to Union Station to head home."

Dressed up and ready to go
out for dinner Saturday night

Walking through Lincoln Park

Another great photo op in Lincoln Park



No comments:

Post a Comment