Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Caleb - 18 months

Cheesehead
(photo by J. Cox on his iPhone at church
the Sunday after the Packers beat the Bears)

This post is about a week late but I wanted to wait until after Caleb's 18 month doctor's appointment before I posted.  His check-up went well and he weighed 27 pounds 8 ounces.  He was around 32 inches tall but I don't have a super accurate measurement because he was NOT happy about being laid down on the measuring table.  I'm not even positive his weight is super accurate either because he kept standing up in the scale and screaming.  He handled his shots much better!

Some things that Caleb has been up to since the last post at 16 months...
  • Continues to mature in speech.  Click here to see a list of all the words he knows that I can remember.
  • Has put together 2 words at time a few times.  I remember him saying, "light on," "more apple," and a few other things.
  • Loves climbing.  The two things that impresses me the most are he climbs some of the big slides at the park and he climbs into his highchair for every meal (or whenever he's hungry and thinks he needs food).  He is also fairly cautious so I appreciate that.
  • Still not a picky eater and still eats anything and everything I give him!
  • Figured out how to open doors with knobs (TODAY!).  I guess closing the doors to the rooms I don't want him in is not going to work anymore.
  • Still really into balls and playing catch, dribble, shot, etc... with them.  He was sleeping with a football for a while and has picked it up again. 
  • Loves going for walks and playing at the park.  He really just likes going out and will run to the closet to get out his shoes the second the car, stroller or even the word shoes is mentioned.
  • He loves to wear hats and asks to wear them all the time. (See the cheesehead hat in the picture above: the other day he was wearing it and proceeded to "eat" large chucks of it.  I think most of it got spit back out but I'm not positive).
  • Caleb would play in the backyard all day if I let him.  All I have to do is look at the door and he bolts for it.  So we try to spend as much time out there as possible since we know the cold months of being trapped inside are coming.
  • Loves to dance especially with Grace.  They turn on music and dance all over the place.
  • Also loves playing ring around the rosie.  He'll say "ring around" and then "hand" and stand there until Grace and I play with him.  He gets really upset if Grace doesn't want to play.
  • Transitioned to one afternoon nap right around 17 months.  It took me a couple of weeks to get used to having Caleb awake all morning but I really like it now.
  • Doing better with being dropped off at church.  He still clings to me when we go to new places just to make sure I'm staying and would prefer to be with people he knows.
I can't believe our little buddy is 1 1/2 now.  I know we have to get through the winter first but I still feel like he's going to be 2 before we know it.  Happy half birthday Caleb! We love you to pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment