Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Packers (23) vs. Bears (10)

After spending the weekend in Chicago I had a three day turnaround before leaving for Green Bay, WI for the Packers-Bears game. It kind of felt like a little vacation in September.

Matt's parents offered to watch all 5 of their grandkids so that Matt and I and Jared and Yvonne could enjoy the Packers-Bears game his parents had 4 tickets to.  We were very grateful for the chance to spend time with Jared and Yvonne and even take in a good football game.

I think Jared almost killed me when I said I was mostly rooting for the Packers.  I don't think he understands that even though I have become a true Packers fan because of their family I was raised by a Bears fan.  And I was like 99% rooting for the Packers.  I just can't completely turn my back on the Bears.

We spent lots of time in the car but were able to enjoy a few meals out and sleep in at the hotel we stayed at.  So, it was a fun 24-hour getaway.  Although after my 48-hour getaway the weekend before it was more of a bonus and less of a much needed.

Matt and me 

Yvonne and me

No comments:

Post a Comment